Discover the Ferrari SF90 Stradale Performance
Featuring a 0-60 mph time of only 2.5 seconds and a top speed of 211 mph, the Ferrari SF90 Stradale performance defines its character as much as its forward-looking design. Join Ferrari Lake Forest as we explore the engineering and specs that elevate the Ferrari SF90 above the rest of the auto world.
SF90 Engine: Not Your Neighbor’s Hybrid
For many Chicago drivers, the thought of a hybrid engine conjures images of small, efficient sedans and hatchbacks filling up the Dan Ryan every weekday at 9 and 5. Performance enthusiasts know better. The SF90’s hybrid powertrain features:
- 7.9 kWh lithium-ion battery
- Two electric motors on the front axle
- A third electric motor between the engine and the gearbox
- A 4.0L twin-turbo V8 under the hood
- 8-Speed DCT
- 986 hp in total, with 590 lb-ft of torque
The hybrid design isn’t simply to boost the specs of an already impressive Ferrari engine; those electric motors ensure the driver has access to torque at 0 RPM for instant acceleration from a dead stop.
Updates Since HY-KERS
While the LaFerrari and its unique HY-KERS system broke ground as the first hybrid produced by Ferrari, technology has evolved since its debut.
- The LaFerrari paired a V12 to a single electric motor, with a total power output of 949 hp
- The SF90 Stradale pairs a twin turbo V8 with a trio of electric motors, maxing out at 986 hp
The specs might seem similar, but the SF90 points to a much more powerful future: its V8 and three electric motors combine to offer more power than the LaFerrari’s V12 system.
SF90 Performance: Aerodynamics
The remarkable Ferrari SF90 Stradale performance specs are not solely a product of the powertrain; the vehicle’s stunning design is engineered for aerodynamics.
- The unique chassis design channels air toward vortex generators designed to balance downforce.
- Each SF90 features wheels engineered to function like rotor blades to manage airflow from the wheel arches.
- Active aerodynamics like the SF90’s shut-off gurney help minimize drag at high speeds, regulating airflow over the vehicle.
Learn More About the SF90 Stradale
If you have questions about Ferrari SF90 Stradale performance specs or want to learn how to get behind the wheel of one around Chicago, contact Ferrari Lake Forest today to learn more.
More From Ferrari Lake Forest
When Ferrari declared a slate of new vehicles by 2022, Chicago enthusiasts knew to expect something special. That “something special” was the Icona line: modern reinterpretations of iconic Ferrari models, beginning with the Monza SP1 and Monza SP2. Although the key difference between the SP1 and SP2 is one of design, it also impacts the…
Since debuting at the Geneva Motor Show in 2019, the Ferrari F8 Tributo performance has received most of the attention — and understandably so. While the 211-mph top speed, its 720-hp twin-turbo V8 is truly impressive. The Ferrari F8 Tributo interior is engineered so that you, the driver, can experience those thrills as purely as…
Ferrari’s new mid-front-engined 2+ coupe features refined proportions and timeless design that is sure to draw attention around Chicago. While that’s obvious from looking at the vehicle, placing yourself inside the cabin and experiencing the Ferrari Roma interior firsthand proves it is timeless from tip to tail, inside and out. Contact Us Learn More Roma…